Monday, October 02, 2006

My 30th Birthday

I recently had my thirtieth birthday and after a whole week of celebrations am now enjoying a more quiet life and heaps of leftover birthday cake!

My actual birthday was on the Tuesday and on my way to work found out I had the first hour blocked off for the morning, so I got to go and have a nice big brekky to start the day. I took myself to Chai in Bondi Junction. They do gourmet, organic and gluten free foods, and their tips go to an organisation that provide literacy programs to underprivelaged communities. The food was great, and I also had time to enjoy chatting on the phone with my beautiful friend Kate ~ who's in Melbourne ~ and send good vibes to other wonderful people in my life.

I had two awesome clients in the morning after breakfast, then had a tea-break with home-made chocolate mousse Tamara had bought in, and opened gifts I received from work friends. By this stage I was feeling pretty high on all the birthday vibes I was receiving.

I was getting ready for another client when I saw my friend Jocelyn with a helium balloon in her hands, and in her sultry, gorgeous voice she was singing Happy Birthday. "I've got a surprise for you" she said, at the end of the song, "You don't have another client, you're my client. I've come to pick you up and I'm giving you a massage!" Hahaha, how cool!

So Joce made us a beautiful lunch back at her place, and I got a fabulous birthday massage ~ very well received ~ before heading back to the 'sham where I had boxes of flowers waiting for me. I LOVE receiving flowers! The house looks so great now, with flowers around every corner.

I was only home to shower and get dressed up before meeting my sister at Buzzzbar in Newtown (she introduced me to this place a month ago, on her birthday, and we love it). We had a great catch up on her recent three-week holiday to Indionesia (Java and Sumatra) over a gin martini (yummo). Hank met us here for a drink as well, before taking me off on our dinner date to the fabulous Oscillate Wildly where we'd also had a fantastic night back in May when I took Hank here for his birthday. Better the devil you know ... Hank fell in stomach-love with their pork belly then, and has been bewitched ever since.
Hank had organised a beautiful bunch of lillies that were waiting on the table for me when we arrived, so he got a few appreciative nods from other diners ~ I was well impressed, too. He loves making an impact with flowers! They change the menu regularly, so there was no pork-belly this time, but we both enjoyed our three courses over a bottle of wine. (more yummo!)
My parents came down from the Coffs Coast the next day and on Thursday we spent the day together around the harbour and took the ferry to Watson's Bay for fish and chips and a bottle of wine in the park. It's so beautiful over there.
That evening they cooked up a beautiful big roast dinner for us and we also had Emily and Adam over. We were all extremely well fed, and could barely fit in the amazing chocolate truffle birthday cake after the previous three courses as well as champagne and wine!
On Saturday we were up early to pack up our bed and other bits and pieces into mum and dad's ute for them to take away for storage while we're overseas. I also had lots of help preparing for the afternoon, as I was having a few people over for a couple of hours before we went out to meet friends for a dance.
It was a really lovely evening, with my gorgeous friends Melissa and Marcus up from Melbourne, a few close friends, my family, and Hank's aunt and uncle who are also like family to me. I think everyone enjoyed themselves, and it was lovely to introduce my family to Henry's. Hank's dad and sister are in Ecuador at the moment, but his brother was able to make it for a feed and a nap before we went out : )
He needed it, though. I don't think he was off the dance-floor all night! We went to the HQ bar on Parramatta road for Sounds of Seduction, and it was so cool to see so many beautiful friends who came out to celebrate with me and have a dance to some great music ~ well, I enjoyed it anyway. No ... I had a fantastic night!
I've had a fantastic birthday week, actually, it's been a great time to spend with family and friends, and it's great to be 30! I give heartfelt thanks for all the birthday cheer I received, I couldn't be happier xx

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucymaej said...

Hi Nutmeg

If you read this I want you to know that it's me Lucy Johnson, and I have my own account if you wish to see it go to:
www.lucymaej.blogspot.com
see you soon, Lucy

PS- Merry X-mas!!!!!!!!!!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home